Brunette to Blonde: 8 Products I Use to Care For and Style my Hair
Happy Tuesday everyone! I returned from my vacation last week and i'm still trying to get back into the swing of things. I'm happy to be back and excited to get into to my regular blogging schedule (Tuesdays & Fridays). If you're new here, welcome!
It's been a while since my first Brunette to Blonde post and since then i've gotten two more sessions in. I'm due for my third balayage in early October and am hoping i'll be good for a while after that (not gonna lie, this is the most money i've ever spent on my hair, but I reaaalllyyy wanted to do it and it came out so good so I can't complain. Totes worth the $$$!)
Next up in the Brunette to Blonde series i'll be sharing with you 8 products I use to care for and style my hair. Now that i'm spending some money on my hair, it's important for me to use quality products. Thanks for reading! - Jessika
3. Pravana The Perfect Blonde Shampoo: About 1-2 times a week, I use this deep purple toning shampoo by Pravana to keep my hair from getting brassy. I add a generous amount to my roots as if i'm washing my hair and then tie it up with a rubber band and let it do its thing while I shave my legs. When i'm done, I let the color run through the ends of my hair then wash and condition - with you guessed it - Minu + Oi. This is the only purple shampoo i've used so I don't have any other product to compare it to. If you have a purple toning shampoo that you love and think I should try out, please leave me your recommendations in the comments down below.
4. Davines Oi Absolute Beautifying Potion: I love using oil to moisturize everything so you already know that I needed this oil when my hair stylist raved about it. After washing and brushing my hair with a wet brush (this one is my fave! Aaand it's super cheap!), I finger comb two pumps of oil into the ends of my hair. This keeps my what-should-be-super-dry hair extra moisturized.
I also sometimes use this product to style second day hair. To do that, I take half a pump of oil and lightly touch the ends to make it look a little more piecey and add moisture after the strands have been dried out from other hair products.
5. Nume 3-in-1 Hair Wand: I've had this curling wand for about five years now and i'm so happy that i've put it to such good use. I like to use the largest barrel (32 mm) to wave my hair then use the following products to style it.
6. Davines This is a Texturizing Dust: I've been digging textured, voluminous hair for some time now and I am all for every styling product that can help my lifeless strands achieve that.
To add texture to my roots, I use this texturizing dust. I shake a few shakes into the palm of my hand, quickly rub my hands together and tossle it into my roots and scrunch whatever is left into the ends for that piecey look. I do this a few times until I get the exact amount of volume i'm looking for.
7. Ouai Texturizing Hair Spray: I recently picked this product up and have been using it as a light hair spray after waving my hair. I'm still experimenting with this product, but I do like using it in the ends of my hair rather than my roots.
8. Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Dry Shampoo: You guys know I liiive for this product (read about my love here, here and here). To use it I spritz the product into the sections where I part my hair, the crown of my head, and right above the nape of my neck before I go to bed. Doing this trick the night before helps suck up all of the oils you produce while you sleep. WIN!
What hair products do you use to care for and style your hair?